Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Friday Reads!

I am definitely a book lover. I have TONS of books on the go right now. A while back when J and I were engaged, someone suggested to him to buy the book The 5 Love Languages and to read it together. He went out and bought it for me as a wedding present and gave it to me at our rehearsal dinner. For a long time we were reading it nightly to each other outloud which was so much fun!
This book is really well written. It goes over the 5 different languages of love. Since everyones needs and wants are different it really offers you a different perspective on how other people display their affection or how they would like to receive affection as well. There have been other releases of the 5 love languages such as a special edition for men and I believe I saw a teenager one as well. In the book there are 5 different types of ways that you can fill someones love tank. Words of Affirmation Acts Of Service Physical Touch Quality Time Receiving Gifts I don't want to go into too much detail about each of the categories since that's pretty much what the book is about. In each section there is an area to go over and figure out which one your significant other falls into and which one you do. Because you may not even know it yourself which category best describes you. There are activities and discussions in the book to have with your SO also. If you're having a tough time connecting or just want to know more about your partner this is a fantastic gift to them and yourself because in the end you will both benefit from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment! leave your link to your blog and I'll swing by and check it out!!!