Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Netflix binge watching

Last weekend J was away and I was really sick, so I started my Netflix binge. Because let's be honest. You can't just casually watch Netflix. I swear it is my personal mission to watch as much as possible in as short of a time as possible! Not even on purpose!
Anyway, so I watched some Bones (which I love dearly) and finally decided that Saturday was the day I was going to get into the show The 100. It looked really good from the reviews. I am a die hard Fringe fan so it showed up in my recommendations, my best friend Em was telling me she started watching it and really enjoyed it so I gave it a shot.
I didn't look at the episode list before doing so though. For almost 4 glorious hours I was submerged in this wonderful yet terrifying idea of what the world would look like after a nuclear war. Earths lone survivors have been living on a space station for a few generations and they are running out of oxygen. 100 juvenile delinquents are sent back to Earth to check if it is in fact habitable or not yet due to the radiation. The plot is great! The storyline is very intriguing, and quite abruptly midway through the 4th episode, Em texts me saying did you know there are only 4 episodes on Netflix? My mind was reeling! How is this possible. I am now so in depth with this show I didn't want my watching binge to stop there. Sure enough, at the end of the episode there are no more. It is currently playing on CW Wednesdays at 9 / 8 central. What an utter disappointment. I am anxiously waiting another episode, because like most sequels they leave you with a fairly substantial cliff hanger at the end.
I'm not saying you should not watch this show. In fact I am strongly encouraging you to watch it! I think it was very well written and I'm having a good time following the story.
In case you have never heard about this show I added a link to IMDB for some information about it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/?ref_=nv_sr_1
(The views expressed here are my sole opinion. I am in no way being compensated for this entry. I just want to share my current favorite TV series)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment! leave your link to your blog and I'll swing by and check it out!!!