Pages

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Man Crush Monday Part 2

Part 2 of my Man Crush Monday is a little late. I've been super busy with the move and fell behind a bit. I'm trying very hard this week to catch up and maybe get ahead for once... Hahaha I'm just going to focus on catching up right now.

As I mentioned last week I will be posting a Tim Burton/Johnny Depp collaboration every Monday to fall int he theme of Man Crush Monday, as I absolutely love Johnny Depp. I asked for a favorite last week from you and I didn't hear back from anyone so I went ahead with my next favorite.

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet St.




What is there not to love about this movie? It's got Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. It's directed by Tim Burton.
It's a story of love and revenge. Mr.Todd returns to Fleet St to find out the fate of his wife and infant daughter after escaping jail on a made up charge. When he returns he works with the baker downstairs who makes notoriously bad meat pies. She claims is due to the high price of meat. The secret ingredient: freshly murdered victims of her partner in crime, barber Sweeney Todd.



Set in 1846 many of the residents of Fleet St are poor and peddle their goods and services out in the street, so that is where Mrs.Lovett (the amazing Helena Bonham Carter) sells her meat pies.


The plot is full of dark sadistic humor and madness. And of course Johnny Depp.





Have you seen this one? What are your thoughts of it?

What would you like to see next week on Part 3 of Man Crush Monday???









And of course as always a last photo of the gorgeous Johnny Depp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to comment! leave your link to your blog and I'll swing by and check it out!!!